Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Footnote

A word about the link I posted yesterday. No, I don't endorse the title of the article; that's why I called it "inflammatory." As I said in my post I think the article is actually more measured and rational in tone than what the title suggests. I hope everyone who sees the link will look past the title and consider carefully what this author has to say. However, I can understand that calling a ministry "of the devil" sounds over the top, which is why I've changed the title of my Monday post.

Secondly, no, I am not in favor of abortion as this author is, but the article is not about abortion. That issue is only mentioned in passing, and people on both sides of the abortion issue can certainly agree with what this author is saying about the destructiveness of legalism. That's the main point, and I've rarely heard it made so well.