Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome, GCN visitors!

I'm still enjoying the afterglow of the Gay Christian Network (GCN) Conference this past weekend. The best part was meeting many of you in person. I can see why people count pennies all year so they can afford the plane fare to this annual event. The fellowship in Christ across denominational lines, because of the suffering everyone has experienced in being marginalized by the institutional church, is incredibly moving.

I know some of you are visiting this blog for the first time because you heard me speak on Saturday. Welcome! No doubt I'll have more to say about the GCN Conference as I let my thoughts percolate over the next few weeks. But in the meantime, for those of you who had further questions about my talk, here are some links that will take you into greater depth:

* A more complete story about my gay neighbors: "Gregg and Joel"

* Walter Olson's article on theonomy: "An Invitation to a Stoning"

* The article that started the controversy: "A Conservative Christian Case for Civil Same-Sex Marriage"

* Chronology of the OPC controversy

* A brief article on sovereign (or more specifically, irresistible) grace.