Monday, February 26, 2007

My neglected profile

Some of you have been reading me for awhile and when you've checked my profile in the sidebar you've probably noticed how barren it is. For some reason I've never felt very motivated to fill it out. Birthday? Wishlist? Occupation? Interests? Bo-ring.

I had more fun filling out this media questionnaire that my pastor sent out to all his congregation members today. I'm not sure what he plans to do with the info, but I learned something about myself doing it. I like movies and books. I don't like television, radio or magazines. And I have somewhat dark tastes. So if you've been disappointed by my neglected profile, let this questionnaire serve as a substitute.

1. What are your favorite TV shows (past or present)? What shows do you watch regularly?

Present: Criminal Minds, CSI Miami, CSI NY
Past: Twilight Zone, Homicide

2. What are your top 10 favorite movies?

1) The Shawshank Redemption
2) Pulp Fiction
3) The Matrix
4) The Abyss
5) Brokeback Mountain
6) The Empire Strikes Back
7) Groundhog Day
8) The Ice Storm
9) Seabiscuit
10) The Exorcist

(Runners-up: Chariots of Fire, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Glory, 12 Angry Men)

3. What websites/blogs do you visit/read regularly?

Andrew Sullivan’s blog (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
Post Secret (postsecret.blogspot.com)

4. What radio shows do you listen to regularly?

None.

5. What magazines/journals do you read regularly?

None.

6. What newspapers do you read regularly? What sections of the newspaper do you read regularly?

L.A. Times: front page, calendar, local, sports

7. What are your favorite books? What books are you currently reading?

Favorites:
Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
The Lord of the Rings (J.R.R. Tolkien)
Love Undetectable (Andrew Sullivan)
The Remains of the Day (Kazuo Ishiguro)
Dune (Frank Herbert)
Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
The Kid from Tomkinsville (John R. Tunis)
Bang the Drum Slowly (Mark Harris)
Dracula (Bram Stoker)
The Chocolate War (Robert Cormier)
Bruchko (Bruce Olson)
Something Wicked This Way Comes (Ray Bradbury)
The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)

Current/recent reading:
The Conservative Soul (Andrew Sullivan)
The Body (Stephen King)
On Writing (Stephen King)
Bruchko (Bruce Olson)
Bruchko and the Motilone Miracle (Bruce Olson)
Bird By Bird (Anne Lamott)
Pendragon Book Three: The Never War (D.J. MacHale)
Hostage to the Devil (Malachi Martin)

8. What other sorts of media do you enjoy?

None.